Player analytics dashboard
The player analytics dashboard displays data from playback events generated by the iono.fm web player.
This does not include other sources of content access, for example podcast or stream syndication platforms, like Apple or TuneIn, native mobile applications or home assistants.
Notice: the player analytics dashboard and contents is in BETA status.
Player analytics data is generated from 3 player events:
- Stream progress events, generated for every 1 minute listened.
- Podcast progress events, generated for every 10% listened, from 0% to 100%.
- Ad progress events events, generated for every 25% listened, from 0% to 100%.
These events cover all user listen sessions inside the embedded web player (a small percentage of events may be blocked by browser plugins or fail due to network conditions).
The dashboard is divided into 3 sections:
Top navigation bar
The top navigation bar controls the current dataset that is shown inside the dashboard:
- Object display - Displays the name and type of the current object being viewed.
- Time range - The current reporting time range of the dashboard.
- Country filter - Filter data to displayed only access from one country or for all countries.
- User profile - Allows changing your display timezone.
The sidebar allows switching between dashboard pages that show different views of the current dataset as selected by the navigation bar.
The primary area where the charts and metrics are displayed, based on the current selection of data in the navigation bar and dashboard page.
Most widgets on the dashboard displays 3 metrics:
Sessions - the number of sessions started during the report period.
Users - the unique users or cumulative audience (CUME) consuming the content.
Sessions % - the percentage of the total sessions that an item represents.
Most pages on the sidebar provide similar content across the different product types (stream, podcast or ad) but some tabs may contain items specific to the each product. The contents of each tab is covered in it's own article: